Thursday, August 6, 2026

Frostgrave Cultists Knights


 
I played Frostgrave for a while and even posted some games herebut have since moved on to 5 Leagues from the Borderlands (see the Blightburner's Story).  When I started Frostgrave I picked up a set of Frostgrave Soldiers, Barbarians II (I think I got a sprue of each on ebay) and a few of the Frostgrave metal miniatures that caught me eye.  I wasnt a massive fan of the plastic sets but liked the metal mini's.  

As my 5 Leagues campaign has progressed I felt I was lacking in appropriate mini's for the threats I rolled but was making due with Warhammer Slaves to darkness types and Wargame Atlantic Fantasy Guards (which I bought specifically for 5 Leagues). And it actually gave me a good excuse to paint up a bunch of mini's that that been languishing in my pile of opportunity.  But after running into cultist types and the theme of my campaign being a grim dark and a little weird I felt I needed some variation and more armored "weird" soldier types.  Yeah, I did a pretty good job convincing my self that I needed this set and after watching a couple of videos that claimed they were some of the best mini's North Star had put out I made the purchase.

I am glad I did because not only were they fun to paint but each miniature is his own little character and pretty unique.  I built them one evening and painted them over a weekend in a sort of speed paint method. And I liked them so much just wanted to share.  Below are pics of all 10 painted as well as a few pics of them with the Frostgrave Soldiers, Barbarians and metal mini's I have.

 

 
These are primed with Hyrax Brown with a zenithal of Dead Animal Bits then a dry brush of ivory

 

Frostgrave Cultist Knights painted for Blightscar Marches campaign – armored fanatics for Five Leagues from the Borderlands 3rd Edition

Frostgrave Cultist Knights painted for Blightscar Marches campaign – armored fanatics for Five Leagues from the Borderlands 3rd Edition
 I snuck the head of a Wargames Atlantic Fantasy Guards onto one...
 
 
Cultist Knight with Wargames Atlantic head swap  

 
 
Close-up of painted Cultist Knight holding two-handed weapon, grimdark borderlands style




Frostgrave Cultist Knights painted for Blightscar Marches campaign – armored fanatics for Five Leagues from the Borderlands 3rd Edition


Frostgrave Cultist Knights painted for Blightscar Marches campaign – armored fanatics for Five Leagues from the Borderlands 3rd Edition

Frostgrave Cultist Knights painted for Blightscar Marches campaign – armored fanatics for Five Leagues from the Borderlands 3rd Edition

 
Close-up of painted Cultist Knight holding two-handed weapon, grimdark borderlands style 
Two Frostgrave metal miniatures with cultist knight

 

Armored Frostgrave Cultist Knights mixed with Frostgrave Soldiers and Barbarians for size comparison 
Soldiers with knight (the soldiers are slightly smaller)

 

Armored Frostgrave Cultist Knights mixed with Frostgrave Soldiers and Barbarians for size comparison
Barbarian with cultists knights (about same size)
 
Armored Frostgrave Cultist Knights mixed with Frostgrave Soldiers and Barbarians for size comparison
Barbarian archer with cultist archer
 
 
Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the beginning....no, let me sum up.

  The idea of this blog is of a chronicle of both my gaming and hobby for future reference by both me and my children and friends...   A t...